Street Meet: Bushfire Ready Group (Piesse Brook)
12 September 2020 : 9:30 AM - 12 September 2020 : 11:30 AM
Are you Bushfire Ready? Come along to meet our Bushfire Ready Group to learn about keeping safe in this area.
Come along to meet our Bushfire Ready Group to learn about keeping safe in this area. Bushfire Ready is a community driven program established by DFES in collaboration with local government to increase the resilience of the community to bushfire risk.
The benefits of forming a Bushfire Ready group include:
- 🔥 Increasing your understanding of bushfire risk around homes, streets and the immediate surrounding bush land in your area
- 🔥 Support for developing your own Bushfire Survival Plan
- 🔥 Opportunities for meeting neighbours to develop support networks that may be needed in a bushfire emergency
- 🔥 Learning about bushfire behaviour
- 🔥 Reducing the cost that bushfire has on life, property and the environment
- 🔥 Developing realistic expectations of the capabilities and limits of emergency services during a bushfire
- 🔥 Finding out where and how to access information during a bush fire
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Whadjuk Noongar People as the Custodians of this land. We also pay respect to all Aboriginal community Elders, past, present and future who have and continue to reside in the area and have been an integral part of the history of this region.