Free Talk: Benefits of Remedial Massage for Seniors
17 November 2020 : 10:30 AM - 17 November 2020 : 11:15 AM
Join Mark Walsh for a fun but informative talk based on his 16 years’ experience dealing with elite sports groups, clients of all ages and the Aged Care industry on the importance of recovery therapy using remedial massage.
When people think of remedial massage, they may think of AFL players having their legs rubbed down on the side of the field. The talk provides information of a general nature and is designed to have people think about their health in a different way.
Remedial massage benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Decreasing pain and alleviating chronic pain
- Prevention and management of soft tissue injuries
- Releasing tension and tightness in the muscles
- Increase blood flow and oxygen to treatment area
- Faster recovery time for people who train rigorously
- Flushing chemicals out the body that cause muscles to tighten
- Help breaking down and healing of scar tissue post-surgical operation
- Assisting the flow or draining of lymph fluid in patients with cancer and/or lymphedema
- Help improve problems such as headaches, abdominal pain, low back pain and sciatic pain
Light refreshments will be available before the talk. Bookings Essential.
Book online via https://www.trybooking.com/BLDOS