FREE Drop-Off Househould Hazardous Waste Collection Day
28 March 2020 : 9:00 AM - 28 March 2020 : 1:00 PM
Safely dispose of your unwanted household chemicals and hazardous materials for free at this Household Hazardous Waste Temporary Collection Day.You do not need to be a resident of the Local Government hosting the Temporary Collection Day to be able to drop off your HHW.
Drop-off Time: 9.00am - 1.00pm
Do you have Hazardous Waste in your household that you don't know how to dispose of?
Safely dispose of your unwanted household chemicals and hazardous materials for free at one of the following Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Temporary Collection Days. You don't need to be a resident of the Local Government hosting the Temporary Collection Day to be able to drop off your HHW.
Find out which items can be disposed of and your nearest location via wastenet
If the above link doesn't open the website, copy and paste: https://www.wastenet.net.au/hhw into your browser.
What can be disposed of at these Temporary Collection Days?
- Acids and alkalis
- Batteries (household)
- Engine coolants and glycols
- Fire extinguishers - Non halon (red) only
- Fluorescent lamps and tubes (CFLs)
- Gas cylinders (small household)
- Household chemicals (e.g. cleaners)
- Pool chemicals
- Smoke detectors
- Unknown chemicals must be in sealed, chemical resistant containers.
Only domestic waste will be accepted. Limit 20kg or litres per material type.
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED:
- Commercial, business or industrial waste
- Electronic waste
- EPIRBs and PLBs
- Explosives, ammunition and firearms
- Fire extinguishers - Halon (yellow)
- Medications and pharmaceuticals
- Mobile phones
- Motor oil and cooking oil
- Printer cartridges/toners
- Sharps and needles