Frequently Asked Questions

Find out what questions about fire and emergency are asked frequently here

Check the Emergency WA website for current status and after 6pm to see if a ban has been declared for the next day.

This is the first time that I have ever heard of a 'Fire Notice'. Why was I not told before receiving this Work Order?
Can I have an extension to complete the work?
I have just had an Inspector on my property, is this allowed?
I only just received my work order, yet it was dated a few days ago. Can I have an extension?
What happens if I refuse to do the work?
Why does the City of Kalamunda conduct Fire Hazard Inspections?
Why is the Fire Inspector only inspecting my area?
I have my concerns about a bush fire hazard. How do I report it?
The City is not taking care of their Verges and yet I am being asked to complete a Work Order?
What do I do if I receive a bush fire infringement and I don't agree with it?
Do you have a Contractor's List?
What is a Variation?
Do I need a Variation?
How do I get a Variation?
How will I know if my property has a variation?
What are firebreaks?
What is the best method to install Firebreaks to my property?
I have an issue with a Neighbours overhanging tree. What can I do?
Can I use a Fire Pit, solid fuel BBQ, Pizza Oven and Smokers during the Prohibited Fire Season?
What is a Total Fire Ban or Vehicle Movement Ban?

If you have a question that is not answered above, let us know by phone (08) 9257 9999 or email.

© City of Kalamunda 2021