FTA Digital Seminar: The UK FTA: Opportunities for Australia
19 August 2020 : 2:00 PM - 19 August 2020 : 3:00 PM
Join the Australian High Commissioner to the UK, Australia’s Chief Negotiator and Austrade UK as they discuss the progress of the agreement and the potential opportunities. Hear also from two Australian exporters on the benefits of Australia’s FTAs and the opportunities for Australian goods and services in the UK.
Australia and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) launched negotiations for a free trade agreement (FTA) on 17 June 2020. Australia is seeking an ambitious and comprehensive FTA with the UK that drives increased trade, two-way investment, economic growth and job creation.
The agreement will deepen our trade and investment relationships for the benefit of Australian businesses and consumers and play an important role in our post-COVID economic recovery.
- The Hon George Brandis QC – Australian High Commissioner to the UK
- Elisabeth Bowes – Chief Negotiator, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Dr Vikram Sharma – Founder and CEO, QuintessenceLabs
- Peter Yeoman – CEO, Scotchmans Hill
- Jennifer Mackinlay – Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner UK, Ireland and the Nordics, Austrade
Visit The Free Trade Agreements Seminars Page to learn more about the series and listen to past recordings.
FREE but participants must register. The registration confirmation email will include all webinar log-on information.
Micky Trongchittham - Senior Adviser, FTA Programs