Local Government Ordinary Elections: Call for Nominations
An Ordinary Postal Election will be held on Saturday, 19 October 2019 in the City of Kalamunda.
To fill the following vacancies:
- North Ward: 1 x Councillor [4 year term]
- North West Ward: 1 x Councillor [4 year term] | 1 x Councillor [2 year term]
- South East Ward: 2 x Councillors [4 year terms]
- South West Ward: 2 x Councillors [4 year terms]
Nominations Open on Thursday, 5 September 2019
Nominations Close at 4:00 PM Thursday, 12 September 2019
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer:
- at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
- between 2:00pm and 4:00 PM Thursday, 12 September 2019 (close of nominations) at the
City of Kalamunda, 2 Railway Road, KALAMUNDA.
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- Complete the an online induction module available at www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au
- Complete nomination form in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. Nomination forms are also available from the Returning Officer; the Western Australian Electoral Commission or the City of Kalamunda
- a single A4 page profile containing not more than 150 words of information about the candidate
- a nomination deposit of $80.00 (cash, bank cheque or postal order)
- a recent passport-sized photograph (optional).
The Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates to complete their nomination form which includes the candidate profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates complete their nomination details and profile, print the completed form which has a reference number allocated and lodge it with the Returning Officer. The nomination builder can be accessed at elections.wa.gov.au
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered, posted or faxed to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting the Returning Officer on 0414 771 291 or the Western Australian Electoral Commission
on 13 63 06.
Download Notice (PDF, 114KB)
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Whadjuk Noongar People as the Custodians of this land. We also pay respect to all Aboriginal community Elders, past, present and future who have and continue to reside in the area and have been an integral part of the history of this region.