Perth Hills Spring Festival 2020 Expression of Interest: Local Businesses
The City of Kalamunda is delighted to announce that the Perth Hills Spring Festival (PHSF) will go ahead in 2020. We are calling for Expressions of Interest to participate in the popular program from owners and operators of tourism orientated businesses.
About: Perth Hills Spring Festival 2020
This year it will be slightly different – like so many other things!
Now in its 6th year, the program will include an exciting range of events and activities incorporating food and wine, art & culture, Kalamunda Open Studios, NAIDOC Week activities, the Targa West Rally and lots of family entertainment.
The program will run each weekend between 8 October and 21 November 2020.
The aim of the festival is to support local businesses, increase visitor numbers and increase awareness of the Kalamunda region as a tourism destination.
What is this EOI for?
Do you have any events running between October 8 and November 21, if so, would you like to add them to the PHSF program?
Please complete the attached form and return by 21 August so that we can promote this event for you! Promotion of your event is free of charge.
Are you able to actively support the festival by displaying window decals supplied by the City, or by creating special events or offers at your business?
Please let us know and we can help promote any special initiatives.
Do you have an idea to increase engagement during the festival? E.g. social media posts through your channels, a promotion you would like to run. Let us know so we can link to your posts. Make sure you include #experienceperthhills in your post on social media.
- Business must be a tourism-orientated business e.g. cafe, winery, tour operator
- Business must be actively participating and supporting the Perth Hills Spring Festival e.g. displaying festival decals/decorations at your business location, creating spring festival offers or specials. Please include details of your plans in your email to me.
- Business must be able to supply a 'print-ready' advertisement (high-res pdf or high-res JPEG file, fonts outlined, 5mm bleed) sized 105mm width x 75mm height in a landscape format by 21 August 2020
How will the event be promoted?
Event maps will be distributed throughout Perth
Comprehensive information will be promoted via the Experience Perth Hills website.
Extensive promotion through social media channels
Copies of the event map will be distributed to your business in September.
On this year's festival map, we have 7 free advertisement spaces, which will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you would like to submit an advert and fulfil the below criteria, please contact us by 21 August to nominate your business for this free advertising opportunity.
What are the benefits of being involved?
- Exposure of your business to a potentially different patronage/audience
- A chance to give back to current customers in a different way than usual
- An opportunity to provide art to your customers and festival patrons in an unconventional environment
- An opportunity to approach marketing in a new and exciting way
- Be an active part of the Perth Hills spring Festival
- An opportunity to align your business ethos with supporting arts and culture
- A chance to network with artists, the City’s event team and other businesses in the area
- 7 August 2020 Local Business EOIs Open
- 21 August 2020 Local Business EOIs Close
- week starting 24 August 2020 We will get back to you regarding your EOI
- October 8 to November 21 2020 Festival Dates (you are not required to commit to every day of the festival)
If you’re interested in coming on board, or even just exploring the opportunity further, please register your expression of interest.
Remember, anything goes! Be open, be niche, and tell us as much as possible.
Please note: This EOI is an opportunity for us to start a conversation and does not necessarily mean that your event(s) will able to take place. You may fill out this form, and upon further conversation realise you are unable to take part this year. Further, it may not be possible for us to partner with all interested businesses in 2020. There is also the chance that we will not be able to proceed with this year’s festival due to health and safety restrictions. The important thing is, this is the beginning of a conversation!
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com or call 9257 9833 for any other enquiries.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Whadjuk Noongar People as the Custodians of this land. We also pay respect to all Aboriginal community Elders, past, present and future who have and continue to reside in the area and have been an integral part of the history of this region.