Expressions of Interest: Spirit of the Valley
~ This is now closed ~ Perth Symphony Orchestra (PSO) and Phillip Walley Stack are coming to the City of Kalamunda this November! The City, in partnership with PSO, are delighted to announce that they are presenting Spirit of the Valley, an orchestral extravaganza.
The City of Kalamunda are seeking Expressions of Interest from local businesses who would like to host our first ever orchestral concert.
♫♫ Expressions of Interest CLOSED 5pm, Friday 18 June 2021 ♫♫
Venue Expression of Interest Information
- The event requires a flat accessible area for stage set up and audience seating.
- Plenty of parking.
- A willingness to promote a tourist friendly approach to the event.
- To work alongside the City of Kalamunda and PSO to deliver this exciting and very special occasion to residents and visitors.
- Ability to cater for up to 3,000 people. (Subject to COVID restrictions.)
♫♫ What’s In It For the Selected Business? ♫♫
Venue owners can expect statewide exposure of their product and promotion of the Perth Hills as a destination.
- Invigorate tourism within the region.
- Attract a new audience for lovers of music, food and wine.
- Attract the intrastate market.
- First in a series – subject to funding.
The event will be held during the annual Perth Hills Spring Festival. The program will be promoted via social media and print networks. Primary promotion will be centred at the Experience Perth Hills website.
♫♫ How will it work? ♫♫
Expected attendance: 3,000
Event Time: 6.15pm - 9.00pm
- 7:00am PSO set up
- 4:45pm PSO sound check
- 6:15pm Event open to public
- 6:30pm Support act
- 7:10pm – 8:55pm PSO performs
- 8:55pm - 9:00pm Closing speech
- 9:00pm Event closes
- 9:05pm Commence pack down
♫♫ What will be supplied? ♫♫
Supplied by City of Kalamunda and Perth Symphony Orchestra
- Sound Equipment
- Toilet Facilities
- Waste Management
- Marquee Structures
- First Aid
- Traffic Management
- Risk Management Plan
- PR & Marketing Plan
♫♫ What will the venue supply? ♫♫
Supported by a Memorandum of Understanding
- Ability to bump in and out on 13 November
- Reasonable access for ingress and egress of equipment and appropriate access for wheelchair users.
City of Kalamunda |Perth Symphony Orchestra
City of Kalamunda |Department of Local Government and Cultural Industries | LotteryWest | Bendigo Bank.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Whadjuk Noongar People as the Custodians of this land. We also pay respect to all Aboriginal community Elders, past, present and future who have and continue to reside in the area and have been an integral part of the history of this region.